Not everyone can be a military family, but anyone can help a military family in need. Spirit Of Sharing (S.O.S.) provides need based assistance to our local active duty military families (and some veterans) during the holiday season and throughout the year in emergencies. Adopt-A-Military Family or adopt more than one!
Adopting a military family would include the following:
- Purchase commissary cards and/or grocery cards to help families stock their pantries and prepare their holiday meals.
- Get the necessities! Please provide your family with general hygiene items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, body wash, etc.
- Shop for your family! Ensure that each child has two new, warm outfits for school! Your families wishlist will specify any clothing needs for the kids.
- A mind is a terrible thing to waste! Please provide the children in your family with school supplies, books, or some sort of an educational item.
- TOYS!!!! Shop for each military child and help ‘Santa’ get them two gifts to open on Christmas morning. A generic wishlist will be provided for each child.
- Don’t Forget Mom & Dad! We suggest a dinner out for the family, a movie night, or anything that you would like.
- Wrap-up your gifts, clothes, and any extra items OR give those gifts to us and our loving volunteers will wrap them for you.
- Have fun! You are doing a wonderful deed!
You may only have the ability to pick one option, or you may do ALL of it. Anything you can do is very helpful and greatly appreciated!
Contact Spirit Of Sharing: firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-726-8100 (or) 760-859-5911. Please leave a message stating that you want to Adopt-A-Military family for Christmas and we will return your call as soon as possible.